Center For Applied Linguistics and Translation Studies (CALTS)
(Accredited as Centre of Excellence By The Research Council of Great Britain)
MISSION & VISION:
- Integrate language modeling into education, translation and information processing.
- Create technological resources and scientific temper in language pedagogy and education.
- Innovate interdisciplinary collaboration through language science program.
- Create computational resources for research and development of Indian languages.
- Collaborate with Governmental and non-Governmental Agencies.
TEACH AND RESEARCH:
Machine Translation, Language Technology, Computational Linguistics, Language Interfaces, Formal Semantics, Logic and Formalism
OTHER AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
Word Formation in Indian Languages, Literacy Studies, Language and Mass Media, Society, Gender and Language
Language, Culture & Critical Theory, Translation Studies, Indian Literature in Translation